Sunday, August 31, 2014

Status Update!

Hello all!

I just wanted to pop in with a quick status update. I'm having a bit of the "End of the story" blues (sorta like the Mondays only there are Sims with guns staring me down) and I'm finding it difficult to write the last 3 chapters of the story. I open my document, stare for a little bit and then close it in despair. I really, REALLY hope to try and get some movement on this thing soon. I have already begun writing and setting up chapters for the story that will fill the Codename: Danger slot; it's all just a matter of clearing out the spot. Yvette, Brett, Dustin, Ryan and Victor seem to have an issue with that though :(

Thank you for your patience!

~Daijah

4 comments:

  1. I have issues with that as well! I'm gonna miss this story, it's the only police type story I've found in S3. The end of story blues sucks! I know you've finished short stories, but this one has been really long running, it was your 2nd S3 story right? So I can understand nearing the end and being sad to see it go. Hopefully you'll be able to push through. It's been an exciting ride so far so I know they will go out with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't encourage them! And yeah there really aren't any police procedurals. I guess it's hard to manipulate? /shrug.

      Exactly. Short stories are easy. These characters have been with me since 2011. My 2nd story ever, the first was Desired. It really is hard writing it's conclusion :(

      Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Yvette and the guys are counting on you to bring them to their rightful conclusion, Daijah. Even though I started reading the blog later than most, I've read every episode and am invested in these characters. I'm sure it's rough to let go after all this time, but you can do this! Once you let them go, you know you'll feel a weight lifted off your shoulders and maybe you can give in to the "other" voices in your head. I want to hear from them, too. I'm not greedy, I just want more, more, MORE! You're a very talented writer, missy. *places DJ's hands on keyboard* Now, start typing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Now THAT'S what I call a pep talk! Thank you so much Lily! That is awesome. I've tried getting back to them, I'll write a word and stop. But I am trying, really. It's so crazy how easily one can become attached to characters like this and I really do believe it's the end of the story blues with this story. I would very much like to get it done so I can move on to the next story waiting in the ranks.

      Thank you for your motivation, I will try and get some focus for the gang and hopefully we'll see the conclusion to this story before the year's end!

      Delete